How Much Does A Physical Therapist Career Cost?
On the completion of a physical therapy program a student can acquire a Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree or DTP. Some institutes also give MTP degree or Master of Physical Therapy degree. A physical therapist must possess such postgraduate degrees. For the completion of an MTP program a person may need to study for two to three years, whereas, for the completion of a doctoral program three years of study is required.
People willing to study MTP or DPT programs should have a bachelor’s degree as well as certain prerequisites like biology, anatomy, chemistry and physiology. To pursue a physical therapist career a person must choose a good physical therapy school. The physical therapist programs may include theoretical courses in anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, pharmacology and neuroscience. Students of physical therapy also need to have practical experience and so they need to visit different clinics.
To enjoy a secured career as a physical therapist, a person can get enrolled in a reputed institute. The cost to complete a physical therapy program mainly depends on the institute. One can take the help of the internet to check physical therapy school rankings. While getting admitted to a physical therapy course, one needs to consider the following things:
- The whole term course materials and the tuition fees.
- Stationeries, books and practical equipments that is required.
- Tool kits for physiotherapy practices.
- Tuitions which are required at home for a better understanding of the subject.
These are the costs which are directly related to the course. One must also not forget that there are other expenditures also which are indirectly related to the course, for instance conveyance charges etc.
If you are a good student, you can also apply for various kinds of scholarships and grants which are based on merits. On an average a physical therapy program may cost something around 500 to 600 dollars. Best physical therapy schools charge around 1000 dollars on an average.
There are various benefits of a physical therapist career:
- This particular profession can be very rewarding- physical therapists get a chance to interact with different types of patients and they get the opportunity to help them. Other than earning a good salary these professionals also have the mental satisfaction that they are able to help people to live a better life.
- Become an expert when it comes to the movement of the human body- Physical therapists are considered as experts when it comes to the functioning and the movement of the human body. They treat patients who are victims of painful diseases like arthritis or who suffer as a result of accidents. These professionals usually suggest different types of exercises to patients so that their conditions may improve. Other techniques like hot packs, ultrasound etc. are also used by them.
- Job security- Recent records show that the career opportunities of physical therapists have increased in the past few years.
Choose a suitable location- Physical therapists can choose from a wide range of job settings like hospitals, outpatient clinics, private practices etc.